50 Ways to Let Your Hair Down Today
On Saturday night I went out and danced all night long until my feet hurt.
I haven’t done that in a while.
But damn it felt good.
I think sometimes we can take life too seriously.
Sometimes we get caught up in the routine of life and serious things like paying the bills and going to work and being responsible.
Sometimes we forget one thing:
Life is for living!
When you’re too busy looking forward towards goals or looking backwards at the things that went wrong, you can miss the moment, and ultimately miss life.
We all live busy lives. We all have responsibilities to meet, but I believe it’s dangerous to live life too seriously.
Because you know what?
You only get one life.
This is it.
So don’t be sitting around getting bogged down by the serious things, get out there and have some fun.
All those things that you never have time to do that you always wanted to do?
Now is the time to make it happen.
Not tomorrow or the next day or next week or when you get time.
Simple Life Strategy: 50 Ways to Let Your Hair Down
1. Go out and dance all night until your feet hurt
2. Jump out of a plane
3. Dress your pet up in a ridiculous outfit (like the redhead in the picture)
4. Host a pot luck dinner party where you set one cuisine theme and everyone brings a share plate
5. Have a chick flick movie marathon (or action / cop films for the boys)
6. Have a food art party where everyone brings something that’s creative and edible (and maybe a food fight)
7. Soak up some culture (get out to an art gallery or museum)
8. Take a beach walk
9. Have a karaoke night
10. Throw a fancy dress party
11. Host a clothes swap event where you and your buddies swap old clothes that you no longer want
12. Have a garage sale
13. Paint a picture with your eyes closed (or open)
14. Go on a road trip
15. Organise a charity event (black tie dinner, dress up party)
16. Go camping
17. Visit someplace you’ve never been before (but always wanted to go to)
18. Have a games night (board games, trivia)
19. Host a sports tournament (pick your sport: tennis, darts, golf, hula hooping)
20. Have a bonfire (with marshmallows, sparklers & damper bread)
21. Bake a cake
22. Jump in the ocean for a swim
23. Learn a new recipe
24. Go to a comedy club
25. Crank the music up and sing your heart out
26. Go for a bike ride
27. Head to a national park for a long bush walk
28. Go to a theme park and go on the scariest roller coaster you can find
29. Go on a blind date
30. Go and see some live music
31. Get up early enough to see the sun rise
32. Have a picnic
33. Have a pillow fight
34. Go vintage shopping
35. Make a movie, song or dance
36. Go see a magician (or secretly learn magic & impress your buddies)
37. Get your astrology chart done
38. Dance in the rain
39. Go and see the sunset somewhere with someone you love
40. Go snorkeling or diving and hang out with the fishies
41. Make ice cream
42. Write a book
43. Go to a music festival
44. Host an open mic night (anyone can sing, play music or do comedy)
45. Start a book club (or join one)
46. Go to a park
47. Go out on a boat for the day
48. Have a pamper night (face masks, pedicures and girlie gossip)
49. Try a new dance or exercise class
50. Scream. Out loud. Just for the hell of it.
Know someone in need of some inspiration? Share this article with them!
Read more Simple Life Strategies here: